Medovník is traditional Czech honey cake. Honey is its integral ingredient and thank to its attributes provides long durability. Medovník is very popular dessert in Czech restaurants and sometimes presented as birthday cake.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 280g of butter
- 1 spoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 spoons of honey
- 100g of icing sugar
- 200g of flour
- coffee with rum
- In double boiler warm 30g of butter, egg, honey and sugar. Stir and slowly add sifted flour and baking soda.
- Knead into a dough and let rest for a few minutes.
- Divide dough in 5 parts. Roll each part slim on floured rolling board and cut in the round shape of cake. From offcuts roll 6th slice.
- Put slices on parchment paper and bake in 180°C oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Cream is made with butter and condensed milk. Mix soft butter in blender and little by little add condensed milk. Try to boil the condensed milk in can for 2 hours the day before.
- When the slices cool off, brush them with mixture of coffee and rum.
- Cover first slice with cream and repeat with each layer. Cover sides with cream and sprinkle top and sides with chopped walnuts and crumbs from offcuts.
- Put in fridge for at least a night.