Summer just started (in the Northern Hemisphere) and that’s great time to bring you some summer recipes full of fruits. In Czech Republic roads are surrounded with small stalls selling fruits like strawberries and other berries. Strawberries are one of the favorites fruits among kids. So why not prepare an icy refreshment for your sweeties. Strawberry popsicles or ice lollies are awfully easy and good. And when served in icy fruit bowl, even your hubby won’t resist.
- 500g of strawberries
- 200g of sugar
- 200ml of water
- First prepare the syrup. Boil down water with sugar until it gets thicky.
- Squash strawberries and mix them in the syrup.
- Pour mixture in popsicle forms and put a wooden stick.
- Put to freezer over night.
- Prepare two bowls. Line first bowl with sliced strawberries.
- Put smaller bowl on them. Pour water between the bowls and put to freezer.
- Before serving put bowls in hot water and take out frozen bowl with strawberries.
- Serve strawberry pops in icy bowls.