Gingerbreads are unforgettable part of Czech Christmas. Preparation is not difficult, you just need to put baked gingerbreads aside for 2 weeks and wait till they soften. That’s why you can start baking at the start of December. You can cut different shapes of animals and motives from the dough. Also you can prepare sections and build a house or tree. Advent wreath from gingerbread is also amazing.
After baking we can decorate them with sugar topping.
- 500g of soft wheat flour
- 250g of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g of honey
- 50g of butter
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 3 dried cloves
- 1 tsp of anise
- 1 allspice
- lemon peel
- Lightly warm up honey and crush spice in mortar.
- Mix all ingredients together and knead into a dough.
- Put dough in bag and let in fridge for 2 days.
- Take small parts one by one and roll them thin. Cut shapes of your choice and lay them on baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C for 3-5 minutes.