Easter stuffing is traditional meal that can be found during Easter in Czech homes. Although it’s called stuffing, it’s mainly prepared separately and only sometimes the mixture is stuffed in poultry. Stuffing can be made with meat or simply vegetarian. Also a lot of different herbs can be used. Traditional is nettle stuffing, but basically any green herbs like lovage, parsley can be used as well.
- 10 old rolls
- 6 eggs
- 400 g boiled smoked meat
- 50 g of melted butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- handful of chopped herbs – nettle, parsley, lovage
- Cut rolls into small cubes and dunk in cup of milk.
- Crack eggs and split yolks and whites.
- Mix butter with yolks, rolls, salt, nutmeg and herbs. Also add cutted meat.
- Beat egg whites and gently add to mixture.
- Put mixture in buttered pan and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (360°F).