Cauliflower is quite popular vegetable in Czech Republic and not just as an ingredient in vegetable soups. For a main course there are three cauliflower recipes: Breaded fried cauliflower, cauliflower pancakes and scrambled cauliflower (known as mozeček). Now fried cauliflower is most common and served even in restaurants in lunch menu, but my personal favourite are pancakes. This soft and fluffy meal beats all stereotypes about Czechs being only meat-eaters. Cauliflower meals are always served with potatoes.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2-3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 4 spoons of flour
- Cut off leaves and stalk. Clean cauliflower and divide to smaller florets. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes. Strain and let cool off.
- Squash cauliflower.
- Divide egg whites and yolks. Add yolks to squashed cauliflower. Whip egg whites.
- Mix flour to mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in whipped egg whites.
- Fry small pancakes slowly in heated oil from both sides.