Garlic Soup with Cheese and Croutons
Garlic is one of the most frequent ingredient in Czech cuisine. Garlic soup (česnečka) is the most used cure for hangover in Czech Republic. There’s nothing better to put you on your feet after a long night in a bar than strong garlic soup. It’s very simple and quick to make so you can try it yourself.
- 1-2 garlic bulbs (about 10 cloves)
- 1 small onion
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3 potatoes
- salt, pepper
- Peel onion, garlic and potatoes.
- Chop onion and stir-fry in oil. Chop, cut or mince garlic and add to onion.
- Fry shortly then pour hot water in pot.
- Cut potatoes and put in water. Also put in bouillon cube.
- Salt and pepper the soup and add caraway.
- Cook till the potatoes are tender.
- In the end season with marjoram. If the soup is not strong enough add minced garlic.
- Serve in bowl with grated cheese and croutons, which you prepared from the bread.