Czech Meatloaf – Sekaná
Sekaná is favourite Czech meal, but also favourite in other countries across the world. Today we bring classic easy Czech meatloaf recipe, but you can come across filled meatloaf with gherkin, sausage and egg.
- 1kg of ground meat (mixed beef and pork)
- 1-2 onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 2 old rolls
- 200ml of milk
- Cut rolls into small cubes and pour milk over them.
- Chop onion and fry shortly.
- Mix meat with salt, pepper, minced garlic, marjoram, eggs and fried onion.
- Also add soaked rolls from milk.
- Mix all together and add breadcrumbs if needed. Meat shouldn’t be too sticky but also not covered in breadcrumbs.
- Form in 2 loaves and put in greased pan.
- Put in preheated oven 180°C (356°F) for 75 minutes. Sometimes pour a little water and baste.
- Serve with potatoes, mashed potatoes or simply bread.