Schnitzel in Czech “Řízek” has its origins in German cuisine, but it has significant position in Czech cuisine. Covered in “Trojobal” or breading if you want it’s made from all kinds of meat, but mainly chicken and pork are used. You can easily recognize a Czech on a trip, because he has a few schnitzels in his backpack, which is often a point of mockery.
- Chicken breasts, pork, veal, boar
- 2-3 eggs
- salt, pepper
- First tenderize the meat a little bit.
- Salt and pepper the meat. (You can add other spices too.)
- Take 3 bowls and put flour, whisked eggs and breadcrumbs. (You can pour mouthfull of beer into eggs.)
- Cover meat in flour, then eggs and finally breadcrumbs.
- Fry in preheated oil from both sides for 8-10 minutes (depends on meat and thickness).
- Serve with potatoes, potato salad or french fries. Garnish with lemon slice and pickles.