Apricot Filled Curd Cheese Dumplings
Sweet fruit dumplings (ovocné knedlíky) are unreservedly linked to summer days. But as always there are many ways how to cook this sweet recipe. You can prepare fruit dumplings from leavened dough, curd cheese or potato dough. In this recipe we use curd cheese dough. Dumplings are filled with various fruits e.g. apricots, blueberries, strawberries, plums, whatever you like. After that dumplings are cooked in boiling water and served in several ways. For example sprinkled with grated curd cheese, melted butter and sugared or with sugar, cocoa, melted butter and whipped cream. This recipe for curd cheese apricot dumplings is really quick and delicious.
- 200g of fine wheat flour (or 100g of semolina and 100g of fine wheat flour)
- 250g of curd cheese
- 100g of butter
- 40g of sugar
- icing sugar
- apricots (or any other fruit you like)
- sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Put egg, sugar, melted butter and curd cheese to the bowl. Whisk it all together, so long until the mixture is smooth.
- Then you can add flour and stir it again so long until the smooth dough.
- Roll the dough and divide it into smaller parts. Every part spread by your fingers, put pitted apricot into the middle (you can put sugar into the apricot) and wrap it into the dumpling.
- Cook it in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar, melted butter, sour cream and fruit e.g. blueberries.