If there’s any side dish Czechs love, it’s most definitely dumplings. Bread dumplings go perfectly with traditional Czech sauces like tomato sauce, dill sauce, svíčková (cream sauce) and of course goulash.
- 500ml of milk
- 1kg of fine wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 20g of yeast
- 20g salt
- 2-3 old rolls
- teaspoon of sugar
- Warm the milk to be tepid but not hot.
- Pour 100ml of milk into bowl, add crumbled yeast and sugar. Let leaven rest in warm place.
- Cut rolls into small cubes.
- Sift flour into clean bowl and mix with salt. Add eggs, warm milk and leaven (point 2).
- Knead thoroughly and at last blend in rolls.
- Cover bowl with cloth and let rise for 1 hour in warm place.
- After that devide dough into 3 or 4 parts. Knead again and form into long shaped rolls.
- Put in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Pierce with skewer to know they’re cooked.